Saturday, October 30, 2004

Aspire To Mediocrity

I need an ice pack for my funny bone NOW.

The ubiquitous motivational signs that hang in offices nationwide (perhaps, for all I know, around the world) get their come-uppance:



Other favorites: Get To Work, Delusions, Bitterness, Consulting (perfect for Merlin), Sacrifice, Underachievement, Adversity, Irresponsibility, and naturally, Despair.

I would show you all the pardoy posters by E.L. Kersten, Ph.D here if I could. Heck, I'd show you the whole site here, even down to the Customer Disservice department's submit button menus, were it not for the overbearing bandwidth such an endeavor would require. Serendipitously, these posters, and the entire collection of Demotivational items and articles already have thier own site, allowing me to aspire to one of their lofty goals of laziness.

So dash off now with you then to Despair.com and see all the other demotivational signs they've created. Just try not to order a gross of them for your workplace. I dare you. (Be sure to order them using the name of your supervisor. He'll think of you as a "team player" for your participation.)

4 Comments:

At October 31, 2004 at 9:01 AM, Blogger fhovie said...

This is too funny - but looking forward to being replaced by a robot, I will need to be moving to the ends of the earth to no longer be useful - I am very de-motivated now!

 
At November 1, 2004 at 4:26 PM, Blogger A Girl said...

These are hysterical. Love that link! :) Its just my humour.

 
At November 1, 2004 at 5:16 PM, Blogger anon said...

thank you thank you thank you for posting these!
There were a bunch of them in our prep room at my old job. I thought they were hysterical, and they disapeared when the company moved. No one knew where they were from. I'd totally forgotten!

 
At November 6, 2004 at 1:18 PM, Blogger SilverBubble said...

Those posters are a riot! I actually used to own some of the motivational posters that are being parodied... I used them on my wire shelves to keep objects from falling through (face down, of course).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home