Sunday, October 24, 2004

Did This Really Happen?

Unbelievable. For the first time in four years, I spent an entire night without children showing up in our bed.

I awoke at 8:00, instantly furrowing my brow. "How'd I sleep in so late?", I quietly queried myself. I started the half-asleep acrobatics of twining myself out of bed carefully so as not to disturb the little sleeping bodies snuggled up in our bed. But, Lo, no little bodies there. Hm. Guess they already made their way to the play loft. Why didn't I notice them leave?

On my way downstairs for a cup of coffee, I check the loft. It is silent and empty. I stop in my tracks. Where are the kids? Tentatively stepping along the upstairs hall, I discover the two cherubs happily cuddled in the Astronaut-in-Training's race car bed. Oh, they're still asleep.

Still asleep...

...still...ASLEEP...

THEY SLEPT ALL NIGHT LONG AND NEVER JOINED THE MOMMY AND DADDY BED!!!!!!!!!

New Rule: It is Always Okay for them to sleep together in the same bed. Well, ya know, until they get too old for that kind of stuff. But for now, it's Rule Number One in our house.

I feel like I just found a magic cure. Someone get me a Nobel Prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home