Monday, October 25, 2004

The Pumpkin Went WHERE?

Words you don't want to hear...

Astro: "Mommy, it wasn't me; she was playing with the pumpkin and it went down the stairs and broke. It's HER FAULT!"

(Which went down the stairs???)

Instantly I am running over to the staircase, fully expecting to see pumpkin guts splattered all over the cracked remains of my little Rainbow, and on the instant heels of that thought, I am thinking about her bleeding disorder and the fact that her medicine does not get delivered to our home until Wednesday.

Never have I flown faster from one end of the house to the other.

What I found was one of our (not yet carved) pumpkins resting at the base of the stairs with a lovely crack along half its perimeter, and, perched up on the landing, the mischievously grinning face of Rainbow, giggling with glee.

I heaved a sigh of relief, thanking God that it was just a gourd.

That sound you hear? New grey hairs sprouting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home