Friday, November 05, 2004

ANSWER When I Call Roll!!

What's up with me and Blogrolling.com?

I have added a number of blogs to my blogroll, yet only two are showing up. Fine blogs those two are, and I'm proud to refer you to them; yet, there are indeed others as well which I want to make readily available to Golly Blog Howdy readers. Sadly, there seems to be some mischievous leprechaun in the machine who must not want you to find out about these other gems in the blogsphere. Probably a leprechaun with a thing against Macs. Who's also a communist. And likes haggis.

Double, triple checking the add-a-blog process didn't correct the problem. Contacting blogrolling.com twice didn't solve the problem, as they have opted not to respond as yet, although it's been several days (a week?) since I first contacted them. Hrmm. There go my panties getting all bunched up again.

Fine. Blogrolling moved my cheese, so along with this whine, I'll just have to set my cheese out another way. So here goes:

Some of the blogs I enjoy reading, and you might like too, include --

Kickin' It With Soccamom
Morning Coffee
The Disney Blog
The New Jan Brady
Where The Hell Was I?

There are others, too, which I'll list soon.

Now somebody tell me the url of a better blogrolling service. Please.

And while we're at it...anybody have a good recommendation for a free blog service other than Blogger? Particularly services which do not require a PhD in computer programming, as befitting my computer (ahem) "expertise".

*sigh* Guess I can't post this 'til tomorrow when Blogger is back up yet again. (written really late on 11/4/04)

7 Comments:

At November 5, 2004 at 5:04 PM, Blogger annette said...

blogexplosion is so addictive!

 
At November 5, 2004 at 5:14 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

After using Blogger for about a week, I gave up on it. And even though I pay for TypePad, I love it. They just added a bunch of new features like spell check and WYSIWYG editing. You can do it for as little as $4.95 a month and if you pay for a year in advance I think you get a month or two free. They have a free month trial offer so you may want to try it out and see if it's worth doing.

 
At November 6, 2004 at 5:41 AM, Blogger Amelia said...

I also have bogger..oops I mean blogger problems, but I really don't want to actually pay to blog. Also, I am missing the the part of my brain that allows me to handle any host more complex than blogger, so I stick with them.

I have no idea about the blogrolling thing, sometimes it takes a while for the blog I've added to actually show up in my blogroll (No more than a couple of hours though). Are they showing up on your roll at blogroll members home?

Good luck :)

 
At November 6, 2004 at 10:12 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

I use Bloglines. I use it mainly as a news aggregator but it does allow you to create a blogroll. You can sort links into categories and you can have multiple blogrolls too.

 
At November 7, 2004 at 6:05 PM, Blogger Sexy Soccamom said...

Thanks for the linky! :-)

 
At November 7, 2004 at 6:53 PM, Blogger Jeni said...

Another person who manages to function on minimal sleep, glad I'm not the only one!

Thanks for the comment you left today on the manuscript, I'm hoping to update it either tonight or tomorrow.

I'm adding your link to my 'blogs I read' section.

 
At November 8, 2004 at 10:25 AM, Blogger Dawni said...

Haggis....man that's scary, but not as scary as losing one's blog posts! Do you think there's a possibility they have been stolen? They could exist in a doppleganger universe where Blogs are called 'sgolB'. Either way I hope they turn up....they are gems.

Pwer to the home making woman, as I am...we're a strong and valiant presence!

(P.S) Thanx for your kind comments on my BLOG....cheered me up no end!!

Dawn
(Quinonostante)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home