Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Blog Subluxations

Golly Bob HOWDY was that a screeching halt. I think my blog has whiplash.

One day -- ONE DAY -- off of Blog Explosion, and my traffic has fallen from the usual three readers down to a couple of microbes and a dust bunny.

-ASIDE- Anyone who has visited, read, commented, and/or blogmarked here since I stopped BE is definitely NOT a microbe, nor a dust bunny. You are Champions of Allegience. I must be speaking about the other people. -End Of Aside-

I hopped onto the BE train before I even knew whether there were any other resources out there to introduce one's blog to others. (weepy, doe-eyed voice) "He was the only one I've ever...known," she said quietly.

Thus it is that I am only now learning that there are things called "web rings" ("Oh, you are SUCH a Newbie!" "Am not!" "Are TOO!!" "Am not INFINITY!!"). So I've joined up with a couple of those along with some blog catalogue sites. Perhaps we'll see readership zoom up to six. Quick, Ma, run out to Costco to stock up on them party platters!

Until then, it's mostly me and the crickets. Hey....if no one's here, then I can do whatever I want...I think I'll dance naked on the kitchen island and sing the "Oh Where Is My Hairbrush" song while eating an entire pint of Godiva ice cream! No one will know!! Bwaa-haa-haa-haaa!

--oooh. Except maybe my big brother, who occasionally reads this. And is a minister of music at a church.

Well, at least I'm singing a VeggieTales song...


UPDATE: Okay, I can just hear many of you saying, "What in tarnation is subluxations?" (Or words to that effect.) If you ask, it means you likely do not visit chiropractors on any regular basis. "Subluxation" is the term used to describe a spine and/or other skeletal and nerve connections that are out of alignment. As when one suffers from whiplash (hence the connection between headline and post). No charge for this Vocabulary Lesson; after all, we DO claim to discuss homeschooling matters here. "We" meaning, of course, "Me".

6 Comments:

At November 10, 2004 at 8:22 PM, Blogger SilverBubble said...

I still love you!

 
At November 12, 2004 at 9:32 AM, Blogger Meg said...

I've never had any luck with webrings. BE has been good to me. I've found quite a few blogs to enjoy, and I've gotten a couple of regular readers out of it, too. *shrug*

 
At November 12, 2004 at 10:32 AM, Blogger Moogie said...

I am so not trying to picture you with the ice cream, singing about the hair brush. At least put the brocolli suit on. :)

 
At November 12, 2004 at 7:38 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said...

Broccoli?!? Cucumber. He's a CUCUMBER!

 
At November 12, 2004 at 10:28 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Great site! I really enjoyed the mental picture of you singing the Hairbrush song - even better dressed up as a pickle! I'll look forward to coming back again :-)

 
At November 13, 2004 at 12:43 AM, Blogger Mellie Helen said...

Thanks for the kind words, Andrea. He's NOT a pickle. HE'S A CUCUMBER.I'm only being as adamant about this as Larry would be.

*sigh* Alright, for the uninitiated, here's a link and here's another, featuring the Hairbrush Song. If you've got young'uns, pick up this item, or anything from Big Idea. It's loads of fun. Their motto is, "Sunday morning values; Saturday morning fun!", but for those not of a religious ilk, please be advised that it is very much "God wants us to be nice to each other" rather than "You're going to Hell in a handbasket, kid!". i.e., no forceful conversions. Check it out yourself first via video rental to see what I mean.

I would be remiss, and Astro would be shocked and dismayed, if I failed to mention Larry the Cucumber's alter ego: Larry Boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home