Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I Pod, You Pod, We All Pod for iPod

Have you seen sites with that "get a free iPod" offer? I've seen 'em here and there, wasn't really interested and thought it sounded like a scam anyway, so I basically ignored the mentions.

Then Merlin got an iPod. Spent $400 for a 40GB, Non-Photo iPod in silver and white. Uses it all the time.

Tiny, sleek, shiny, holds tons of data. Sure it can store a gazillion songs, but it can also be used as an extra hard drive. Merlin used it to back up my computer, for instance. Hm. So it's not just a glorified juke box. Hmm.

I noticed that some of those "free" iPods had monochrome screens; others have color screens, thus affording a pocket-sized photo album. One can give a little scrapbook presentation set to music on the color iPod. What proud Mommy wouldn't want that? Hm again.

But there must be some catch. And there is: ya gotta complete one of the offers, and get five other people to do the same (to get the monochrome screen, which won't allow you to view photos), or ten other people to do the same (to get the color screen version).

Aw, I don't wanna sign up and pay for some service I don't want. But, those iPods are pretty expensive, and if I sign up for a service that costs less than the iPod...hm...

I clicked a link to check out the iPod offer further. Turns out, there are some offers on there that require NO obligation to spend one thin dime, but just "try their service out" -- and THAT consitutes "completing an offer." Hmm some more.

I could use virtually the same effort to get a monochrome version or a color version. Duh - I'll go for the color version.

So I did it. And the offer I signed up for is something I think I'll actually use, is super darn cheap, will save me money, and once again -- I have zero obligation to continue using that service. It cost me nothing to complete this offer. If I choose not to use this particular service, no worries -- and no charges.

So, gee, if you'd like a free iPod...and are willing to sign up for a low or no cost service which may not even come with any obligation to continue...and oh yes, help me obtain my little box of hardware delight...then click here. Heck, you spend 30 seconds on a blog page to get half a credit; go spend 30 seconds finding out about the free iPod and get a device worth $500.

4 Comments:

At November 9, 2004 at 3:35 PM, Blogger Johnnie Walker said...

Sounds like a lot of work...

 
At November 9, 2004 at 8:33 PM, Blogger fhovie said...

but I don't want an iPod

 
At November 9, 2004 at 10:07 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said...

...hey, hey, hey now...it's not like I have a gun to anyone's head. Yeesh. Feel free to ignore the offer as much as you like (after all, I certainly did my share of that for quite a while, myself). If that shining day arrives when you do decide to check out the offer, you are more than welcome to do so through my link, and I would indeed appreciate it.

However, if you're not interested...um...why are you taking time to write about it in my comments section? Huh?

 
At October 22, 2005 at 9:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Free Ipod Nano site/blog. It pretty much covers download free ipod shuffle related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home