Sunday, November 07, 2004

Incredible Putz

Per The Disney Blog:

Quick Quote (some emphases added):
Earning an estimated 70.7 Million Dollars, "The Incredibles" beats Pixar's previous best weekend opening numbers from Finding Nemo. That's a good sign if you ask me.

The three-day weekend total was the best ever for a film released by Disney, and Saturday's $29.4 million was the highest single-day tally for Disney.

----

And Eisner's letting 'em go. What a putz.

(We were part of the Saturday talley, and yes, loved every single minute of it, closing credits included. If you haven't yet, and heck, even if you already have, go get tix to see this on the big screen. Now.)

4 Comments:

At November 7, 2004 at 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We loved it too!
Chana
www.bunnyburrow.com

 
At November 8, 2004 at 8:21 AM, Blogger Christina in GA said...

We loved it too. We saw a matinee on Sunday afternoon. I don't think Pixar will have any problems with getting an audience for their movies without Disney. I'll go see each and every one!

 
At November 8, 2004 at 9:13 AM, Blogger Carmi said...

We took the little ones to see it, and we were all blown away by what an amazing film it is. Now starts the countdown for the DVD.

I fully believe Disney will be lost without Pixar. Steve Jobs's company was pulling the Disney deadweight for too long, so it's great to see the old goat finally getting its due.

After watching enough old Disney retreads to permanently anesthetize entire lobes of my brain, I'm glad this pox on culture will soon be, if not silenced, somewhat reduced in its dilution-inducing influence.

 
At November 8, 2004 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Mellie Helen said...

Oh dear, Carmi, I sure hope you're right, IF you are referring to the recent offerings under the Disney name (recent meaning the past several years), but NOT if you are referring to Disney on the whole. Understand me on this: I am a die-hard, longtime Disney fan, but to the point, I am a WALT Disney fan -- not an Eisner fan. One of my happiest days was the announcement of Mikey's retirement. I am hopeful that once he is out of the picture (so to speak!), the Walt Disney Company can get back on track. One can already see the ch-ch-ch-changes in thinking as evidenced by new Disneyland chief Matt Ouimet who (thank Heaven!) is hard at work, putting things right at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Ooops, I've done it again. Made a comment that rivals the length of an original post. And to boot, I've sounded quite like any of the bloggers talking about the recent elections! So I guess I AM "partisan" -- loyal to the Party of Walt! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home