Thursday, November 04, 2004

Showcakes

If you're interested in cake designs, you'll enjoy this occasional feature; if you couldn't give two whits for decorated cakes, well, scroll on to another post below. This is just one of the things I really enjoy doing (see I Make Cakes). Ironically, I'm not a big cake-eater, but I do love to decorate 'em.

So let's start off this Showcase of Cakes -- "Showcakes" -- with pics from the cakes I was supposed to be making the other night when I got all caught up in blogsurfing. I did indeed finish them (in the wee hours), and here are the finished products:

First, the "Harvest Cake" for the Harvest Festival at one church...


...and here are the "Harvest Cupcakes" for the Harvest Festival at another church.


And while we're looking at cakes, here's a non-Harvest Festival item: a Pink Pony birthday cake for a sweet little 3-yr old.


Hard to tell by the pic, but there is edible glitter sprinkled atop the horse, and opalescent pearlizing powder on the mane and tail. So sparkly! Unfortunately, it's easy to tell by the pic that I did not (*shamefaced blush*) use grease-resistant foil on the cake board. D'oh! Had this cake not sat around for hours before being served, this would not have been an issue.

From time to time I'll toss up more cake pics here. If you're a decorator (novice or pro), share your pix with me!

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2004 at 11:17 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow! you do a great job on the cakes and cupcakes! I made one for the bridal shower and it turned out rather pretty if I do say so myself. Thanks to Martha for the inspiration...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home